It is Sunday, and what do we do on Sundays? We make time for self care. If you know me on any other platform you know I always do a self care post on Sunday. I don’t remember how the name originated, and I am not the only one who uses the term. Basically I feel like self care is a way of life and I incorporate it everyday. However if your life is demanding and you have a lot of things going on and people in your energy it’s easy to neglect yourself when you have busy days that need outside focus.
Sunday is the day that I associate with starting the new week. Most people have more time on Sundays to relax, it should be your fun day. It is a time to recharge, call all your energy back so you can start fresh on Monday. Doing something you love from the heart is soul work and soul work resets everything inside and out.
No it isn’t just a spa day or anything like that really, but it totally can be if that is what you need. It’s whatever it is you need to do to return to yourself before anyone asks more of you. Take care of your needs.
Starting with just you, back to center, grounded in your core frequency. What is that thing for you, and what do you need to do to make it happen? It could be an hour or a whole day depending on what you need.
It could be that thing you really wanted to get into all week but didn’t because you were too busy. If you’ve been running on empty for over a week it’s ok to take a whole day off. It’s better to pull back a little bit than burn yourself out and need a week off.
You’ll want to do something that resets your energy in body and environment. That usually means to cleanse the space you are spending time in. Open a window or run a fan to circulate the air in some way. Light some incense, a candle, or use a diffuser for essential oils are some ideas. If you cannot clean the space for some reason spend some time outside instead. Get some wind chimes and listen to the wind songs and wildlife. Put your phone down so you can be present. A lot of the time that will be enough to reset your nervous system. When you allow yourself to relax your true self emerges. You might come up with all kinds of creative ideas in one afternoon.
Also self care doesn’t have to be productive, if you deprive yourself of sleep during the week, then a nap is self care. It is a vital part of being alive and functioning normally.
Writing is one thing I do for self care which will be this post for me today. I incorporate it everyday so it is just a part of my wellness routine. I also listen to music, meditate, read, create physical art, digital art, sketchbook, nail art sometimes, spend time with crystals, dog, plants, etc. I try to incorporate something new to do or try on Sunday, if can’t I’ll at least have a favorite thing so I have something to look forward to. For example I had a dirty Diet Pepsi today it’s just something I like, I know it’s not the healthiest but I figure it could be worse. After this I’m changing my manicure to a polish I haven’t worn so that’s two things.
Also I play this fun little game where I think of a band that I’m sure I know every song to and then go try and find one I don’t know. Thats a weird game but hey I’m usually surprised to find one. I was up after midnight last night so I looked for a Journey song I never heard before. If you don’t know me, that was the band I listened to when the rest of my classmates were obsessed with the likes of nkotb and insert any equivalent repulsive pop band of the current year. Maybe what I loathed more was the jokes about, “I love your brothers” or “tell your brothers hi!” 😑🙄 I don’t have brothers, just have the same last name as two of them. So, I couldn’t relate to others my age in a music way. 70’s rock was what I gravitated to until the 90’s and then I opened up more to other music. Listening to that teenage fan girl music to keep the peace made me feel physically ill and I always felt misplaced, like by at least decade. Anyways, somehow I did find an unknown to me Journey song, “It’s just the rain” on the Trial by Fire album. I recall not their most popular album, but I knew the other songs. It brought back a memory of sitting in my bedroom listening to cd’s I would’ve been in high school when it came out. I had that cd but I don’t anymore. I mostly remember staring at the strange art on the cover and learning the words from the little lyric sheets. I should get it again. I like the most popular songs but some of the more obscure ones are my favorites on Evolution and Infinity albums. Like “Daydream” “Too late”, and “Opened the door”. Ooh or “On a Saturday Night” on look into the Future!
I got a little carried away there…retrograding 😆
So what will you do today?


No comments:
Post a Comment