Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Weekly Art Discussion: entry 2


Gelli stamp plate, brayer/roller, and some acrylic paints


Good afternoon, I still feel overwhelmed with this topic and I did not pre-think up anything in particular to write about. So, this is just going to be a quick free writing ‘thing’. I’m just typing, not stopping. I am  pressed for time today, and my mind is slipping into thoughts around that. I have some deliveries and a sneak peek post to put up on Instagram, hopefully today. Also very hungry, I have some jolly ranchers to trick my mouth into believing I’m eating. 

I am really into gelli stamp art once I get started, and have been playing around with it for a while. I’m looking to post some stuff soon and I’ve been saying it for a year at least. I get overwhelmed at the whole video thing. Something else that is a pain about it is it is very messy. You have to clean the stamp, the brushes, stencils and the brayer/roller every time. Ideally if you get into gelli stamping, I’d suggest buying three brayers to start, that way you can always have a clean one ready to go. There is always the base paint layer (your top layer) which for me is usually black which forms the outline of your print, photo, drawing, wherever you use. Then at the very least you’ll have a pick up layer on top of that after it dries. In between use you could paint other colors into it by hand with stencils or paintbrushes or sponges, leaves, shells, even buttons! The options are endless really, you can press anything with texture into it…

Lay your paper over the stamp after the last layer of paint goes on then wait a little while. When all the layers are dry, slowly pull the paper or canvas off and you’ll have your painting. From there you can continue to paint layers on top, you can even stamp more over it if you want, totally up to you. You may want to get some masking tape to ensure clean edges, and seal the painting with fixative of your choice.

The gelli stamp is compatible with all kinds of mediums, very versatile. If you are unsure I would just maybe google it first to make sure a substance doesn’t eat your stamp. Also it does look and squish like a gummi bear. But it is not a gummi bear, do not eat your gelli stamp. 😂. I’m too hungry to write anymore. I’m craving an unwhich from Jimmy John’s and well…you know about the lettuce in this country by now. I’m so close to taking my chances. So close.

Tune in tomorrow for a better post. Also, stop by my personal IG page later for a possible unboxing. It’s 2:30pm and the mail is just arriving now. 

You don’t need a press machine for this gel just press it on paper, keep the plastic container to house it when not in use, they come in many shapes and sizes. This is the smallest one there is 3”x 5”, it costs roughly $13. I also have a that 4”x4” square one I think it was $16. I feel like if you needed a smaller one then this you could probably cut it up, I just haven’t tried it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pondering Deeper thoughts: A Saturn Day Series:entry 3

My bunnies of prosperity 😆. Free gifts I would send in orders at my shop. They all went to good homes. People LOVED them! The illusion of O...