Friday, July 31, 2026

That Friday Feeling: entry 3

So long!

Friday marks Julys end

Good morning. It is the last Friday and day of July if you can believe it! One thing I noticed physically this month is my nails grew so much. I was curious about it, so I only did one manicure just be able to see the growth. That was on the 7th so not even a whole month has past. Thats crazy fast! I will probably do a new manicure this weekend. I have a polish I haven’t worn yet that I’ve had since January I’d like to wear. It’s called ‘Dead Reckoning’ from Prism Polish. I have a few brass rings that would look really cool with it and I never get to wear them. The only thing about having long nails I find frustrating is that it contributes to my spelling errors! I feel like I’m constantly rewriting stuff. 

Everyone should blog

Yesterday I changed the layout and look of the blog itself, I think it looks better. I hope you all think so too, and that it’s easy to navigate. I’m just learning more about Blogger as I go, and I’m totally okay with that. It’s slightly different than ‘Ghost.org’ where I had my last blog. I think it’s easier actually, and definitely cheaper. I think everyone should have a blog, if you want one you are certainly capable of keeping one. This is just one way to express yourself, it doesn’t take away from any other ways, it enhances it by filling in the gaps. You get me in a raw form over here vs social media. I almost created a blog immediately after Kitsune’s Corner, and was going to name it Michelle in the Raw. It just came to me one day, and to me it meant the me in a raw form from the soul. But I thought it would be taken wrong. I’m sure if you thought about it for a second you could see how. So actually, this blog was waiting for me to be ready to create it for a longtime, and I just spiraled back and reached that part of my personal timeline. I just had to give it a new name and start. I’ve never told anyone or wrote about this before so you 🫵🏻 reading this…you are the first to know! It’s not that big of deal but it is a part of me. The part I share with you. 

My personal links

I am going to try and put links up on the blog home page to my socials IG, threads, pinterest and my store on Mercari. I’ll explain them real quick. I bet my ‘real quick’ is long as hell 😆.

IG- I do visit everyday and post often but it’s not very engaging, I admit. Also before asking, no, I don’t get what I give.  I comment and like on an array posts everyday, and then hope that the algorithm doesn’t shadowban me for too much engagement. I get next nothing in return, acknowledgment of reading it like reacting with a heart, or follow back most of the time. It kind of makes you feel everyone has blocked you. It’s like the universe is watching to see how easily I give up. I keep giving on IG regardless because I’m either insane or resilient, maybe both 🤔.  So why do I stay? It isn’t purely for outside validation it is to see for myself that exist with the rest of the world with my outward eyes. There is something about Instagram I’m still fond of and don’t wish to leave. They did recently make a change I actually like, you can move posts around in the main grid. So I’ve been moving things to make it more aesthetically pleasing for ME to look at if nothing else. It will take a few days, I have a lot of posts but it’s coming along, it’s weird stuff like that I find fun. I also tend to move all video off my main grid after a few days but they are still visible under the play button ▶️ next to the grid. I long for the way it used to be more of a photo share social experience and less of a promotional app. I understand why it is used that way, but nobody engages with advertisements, why would you, it’s not warm, it doesn’t feel like a person. It’s lost a lot of charm. I only have a handful of real engaging friends, that I know in the real world, or at least know they are humans and not bots. I appreciate them, but it still feels bleak when everything else is just mass surveillance. 

Threads- is pure chaos. I feel like it’s in a good way though. I can feel the energy when it’s good and when it’s bad, it’s has its days, and while there are lots of bots there are also real people. Occasionally those people reach out to say something kind, inspiring, or share photo or memory of their own relatable story. Then you have the trolls which are probably also just bots. I do interact differently with threads than IG. I never use social media messaging unless I really trust you, and you’ll get like one word answers there, not true engagement. It would be much easier to email me to engage a conversation. That is in the home page. If you have my other email address, well, I guess you’re the real insider you may email me at either address anytime for any reason. I trust you!

Pinterest- I adore it so much, I’ve been there over a decade and I just can’t leave it. If you want to get into all my crevasses this is it. You’ll know all about me, the what I love, the way I think, my sense of humor, pretty much who I am. I’d say it is like the ultimate cliff notes to me. Like, go there read me, it’s a required friendship manual, and if you like what you find then you will know if you like me in real life or not. I know I’m not for everyone and would never want to be. 

Mercari- my online shop that I sell things on, it’s not at all about the money on there it’s more about giving someone else something I have I no longer need, or outgrown, or have too many, or I created something to share. Whatever it is, sometimes I have to downsize in one area so I can upsize in another.  It is a way for me to do that and get little something out of selling it, at least enough for me to come out even by paying shipping, on top of creating the empty space for something else I want or need. I like to think someone will get more joy from it than I did. I mostly sell fragrant jewels rings. I used to be a part of the inner circle and accumulated to many rings I didn’t want in the first place, I sometimes buy the ones I actually wanted from others there too, it’s fun.

That is probably more than I needed to say today. If this interests you and you are someone who doesn’t follow me yet and want to, I’ll try to get the links working before the day ends. Have a good weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pondering Deeper thoughts: A Saturn Day Series:entry 3

My bunnies of prosperity 😆. Free gifts I would send in orders at my shop. They all went to good homes. People LOVED them! The illusion of O...