Thursday, August 13, 2026

Reflect Thursdays: Entry 5

 

The first album I ever bought outside of the US 



Music of the past 

Ultra Mayhem from Finland  (not to be confused with ‘Mayhem’ from Norway)

Hi! I’m throwing it back to music since I’ve been listening to this album a lot this week I thought I’d mention it. It was such a long time ago when I discovered this band on MySpace. Pretty sure it was 2006 because I remember where I was living when I got it.  I bought this from the band directly in Finland. That was all new to me and the conversion of dollars to rubles. I got the hand written post on the front of the mail and it went through many different services to finally reach me. I was really unsure if I would actually ever get it because it seemed so faraway. lol. I did though, without any issues at all, and I’ve done international purchases many of times since. I’m uncertain why this band split I didn’t keep up with them after I left MySpace. Perhaps they are in other bands or have a new band now. I tried to find info on it, I guess the album was remastered in 2017 but that’s all I know. They are on bandcamp but only have one cd left, also have an IG page but I forgot to see when it started. I don’t think there was anything there. 

If you love Finnish metal do check this album out on iTunes (This was a copy before they named it Jeremiad) but it is the same, because it’s really good. Back to Origin is my favorite song on album. If you really love it you can go to bandcamp and buy their only remaining cd and find out what happened to them. 😂. Since I already have it.

Another band that seemed to just disappear that I loved! is 

Unavox (not to be confused with Ultravox)

Another band from my nostalgic days of MySpace 2006…but from the US so easier to purchase music from. I bought their Angels Dance Upwards album and it’s one of my favorite albums of all time. I would describe it as EDM forward sound with goth industrial flare. It is a really solid album, no song skipping necessary. They are not a band anymore, I don’t know their human names I tried searching around and never find anything. They just vanished I guess. So you may never get a physical copy of the album unless they magically reappear on the current timeline 😂. 

 🧛🏻🧛🏻‍♀️

Nevertheless, the music is on iTunes and I highly recommend giving it at least one listen. It looks like they put out a single, War of Attrition in 2021. Maybe thought about coming back, or a revision, I’ll have to listen to it. They could rise anytime now, still relevant. 

The cd, and they gave me a bumper sticker w/ thanks on the back




Those are my two throwbacks this week. Check them out on iTunes where they still exist.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pondering Deeper thoughts: A Saturn Day Series:entry 3

My bunnies of prosperity 😆. Free gifts I would send in orders at my shop. They all went to good homes. People LOVED them! The illusion of O...